POUR L'ART is at the forefront of one of the most innovative ensembles for
contemporary music. L'ART POUR L'ART was formed in 1983 by the exceptional
musicians Matthias Kaul (percussion), Astrid Schmeling (flute) and Michael
Schröder (guitar). The core members of the ensemble can be enlarged,
depending on the occasion. As a "think tank" L'ART POUR L'ART widens
of contemporary arts through projects with significant consequences, thus often preempting artistic demands: the ensemble represents the original meaning of the art concept "l'art pour Tart". This cultural dialog leeds to exciting conceptions .
concerts numerous world and German premiers
- co-operation with composers on an international level
- discovery of young composers
- concerts "mis en scène"
- music theatre rarely played classical works
- direction of the children's composers classes Winsen/Luhe and Schreyahn
- outdoor projects
- CD and radio productions in Germany and abroad